Move buttons to the bottom

They also removed the envelope +icon at the bottom to start a new message.Now it is two clicks. I went back to 5.6, won’t be updating

1 Like

To start a new message you have to press the pencil button.

2 Likes

No, its still a single tap, as @stphn said. its still at the top of the screen tho

From what i recall, i only had 5.8 a couple hours, you had to tap something to open a menu, then tap compose

Mhh, could it be that the width of your screen was too small to show that icon? On my S7 it is visible. IfI turn it in landscape mode it shows even more icons which had been in 3dot menu before. So I would assume it is a layout issue

3 Likes

+1 for the option to have the buttons on the bottom.

Martin.

3 Likes

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!! move the delete button back to the bottom!!! Going thru emails is now so incredibly annoying as it it impossible to scroll thru emails and delete them using only one hand! Why would you make this change where it makes the app more difficult to use?

3 Likes

I like the buttons at the top much better. The way I hold my phone, it’s easier to reach the top. It’s also more consistent with the way old k-9 5.6 worked on a tablet. But I’m stuck with them at the bottom because I’m back at 5.6 for other reasons.

If you move them back to the bottom, at least make it a selectable option.

1 Like

Yes, if it is moved again then it should be made optional if top or bottom

1 Like

Try the apk named “Email: Fast & Secure mail for all mailbox” from “Tiny Entertainment”. In this vietnamese fork of the old K-9 , the buttons are at the top.

+1 Please allow option to move buttons to bottom.

1 Like

+1 => buttons to the bottom !

The ability to select top or bottom for the buttons would be great. One handed use of the app is difficult with the buttons at the top for sure

2 Likes

I also would like to opt for a configurable option to get back the buttons at the bottom, to allow proper one-hand usage again.
As this request is very popular and already filed on Github, why not support it with a bug bounty? :slight_smile:
I just did: Bountysource Feel free to add some more cash. :slight_smile:

Preferably the following ticket should also be resolved in the same step so that the action bar at the bottom would offer the reply button also: Hard to reply in new UI · Issue #5657 · k9mail/k-9 · GitHub

1 Like

+1
please move buttons to the bottom.

2 Likes

Please move them down again, or at least make it configurable!

AND please bring back the overview on start, where all accounts where on one screen with the number of unread an favorites.

It became realy uncomfortable!

Thanks.

The hope dies last

3 Likes

This is what I found where cketti is announcing it officially - at least the way I read it.

Push again.
Read the comments - seems to make sense after all, huh?!

Buttons back to the buttom, pls!

1 Like

So no news or even a comment, it’s mind boggling!

Maybe there is a reason?
Could it be against some newer design demands for Android?