V6.6 color change

Since my phone did an auto update to v6.6, the very calm blue progress bar and message selection highlight, has changed to an insulting pink/red. I tried fixing it by changing the Account Color, but it has no impact.

First, how can I change this color, and second, if it is hard coded, how can I roll the version back, and block any future updates?

Thank you,
Martin

2 Likes

You cannot change the color. This is how you can downgrade: How to downgrade to an earlier version?

Thanks, what a hassle!! Any chance of connecting the said color, to the Account Color selection, so that it is customizable?

Martin

1 Like

Hello, could you please tie the color of the progress bar, highlight, etc to the Account Color, so the color choice is customizable by the user?

1 Like

If you are rooted and use Subs themes then you’ll be able to do that in a few days, with Dark Shadow theme :slightly_smiling_face:

My phone is not rooted. It just seems to be a logical step, in software development. How many apps these days, are NOT customizable?

Martin

2 Likes

Downgraded to v6.400, and much, much, happier!! :slight_smile:

Fyi, I use the new Palm 3.3 inch phone, and much of the new UI, just simply did not work. That, plus the obnoxious “pink”, made me go back.

Ref: Palm | Product

Martin

What UI parts did not work? Might be caused by the sice of the device?

OS: Android 8.1 - wow, I did not expect that new devices are shipped with outdated Android versions… I also use an Android 8 device, but this is several years old…

Thanks for the quick response. With the latest versions, the entire top half of emails would flash upon load, and then disappear. This would include the Subject, To, From, Display Images buttons, etc. If I put the phone into the landscape mode the items would reappear, but that’s not optimal. Version 6.4, works great for me!

Regarding Android 8.1, I love my smaller phone, and am happy with whatever version of Android runs best on it. Personally, I think the market is off track with forever larger and heavier devices, but I am not a gamer, so perhaps I am not their target audience.