Personalized sound

Hi,

I have a problem with personalized sound.

When I want to assign a sound to an email account, K9 only offers me the system sounds. I don’t see the sounds I downloaded to my smartphone. Do you know how to fix this problem?

Thanks !

You have to go into your phone settings, apps, select k-9 and pick your sounds from there. Works fine on A10 + A12 based devices, so it should work on A11 as well. See here where I explained it a few months ago (with pics) :slightly_smiling_face:

It doesn’t look like there’s any option for custom notification sounds in the pre-release version. Releases · k9mail/k-9 · GitHub

Also @Nimueh what you mentioned doesn’t include any sound :loud_sound: notifications.

That’s what I do, but it only shows me the system sounds, not the ones I downloaded in the notifications folder (I have A7).
Everything was working fine until I did a cleaning with AVG Clean. It deleted my application preferences and only K9 refuses to put them back.

I’m on the pre-release version, of course the option is there - unless you’re on an old Android version before I think Android 9?

My screenshots are from a pre-release version (I’ve been on those Betas forever) and include sound notifications, at least on OOS 10 and A12 :woman_shrugging:

Yea, A7 is much too old and probably doesn’t have those options yet.

My version of K9 is 5.806

But A7 is too old to have those sound options, even updating to 5.904 won’t change that.

It’s strange, because before the cleaning, it worked. The new version of K9 had kept the custom sound configuration of the old version for me.