K9 Email disabled tusker plugin. IS there a workaround?

I tried Aquamail, but it’s not reliable for me as K9 email.

Any suggestions? I used K9 for Years only for the tasker plugin. Worked like a charm. Didn’t even open K9 apps for Months.

Mill there be by any chance a new plugin? Or what else can I do?

1 Like

If you enter the word “tasker” into the search function of this forum, you can find reasons and workarounds. I did that for you, here is the first search result: Tasker K9 email received event no longer working

Thanks. As far I see there are two workarounds. 1: use Aquamail. For some reason the app falls aslepp after a while and after rebooting. Battery optimization are disabled for this app
Under notification Priority is set on High
All push settings activated.

2: I guess he speaks about Autonotification. That should actually work with K-9 have to figure out and refresh my regex. Knowledge. Would be be nice if Ican keep my tasks as they are. Maybe only need to change %variable. Or even better variable search and replace

I only use k9 for its ability to monitor sub Google Gmail so it can broadcast the subject to other apps. Mainly tasker, which is the only app I use for most of my smart phones. Automation is more important than manually using a computer or phone.

I can no longer get k9 to do squat. No email in the pull down, no variable for any script.

K9 is pointless as an email client since Gmail client has no flaws for personal use, and filters much better than k9. The only weakness of the Gmail app is that I can’t search email from years or decades ago, without resorting to the web version. Same issue with Google calendar., as I regularly refer to my schedule on dates going back years and decades ago. So long as the involved people, houses, locations, items involved in a calendar event exist, the old calendar entry is valuable. People can live 120 years. Plus, there is biography and genealogy and science value to old email and old calendar entries.

My solution seems to be uninstall k-9 since it no longer puts out notifications or variables. It is lamentable because k-9 was a very powerful tool which allowed commands to be sent to our remote phones to get them to let the kids or cat in, or sync a time-lapse with different pools of Google accounts, shift into different cryto mining modes, etc, etc, limited only by one’s own lack of imagination and intelligence.