K-9 5.800 List of email accounts after startup

I can agree with your reasoning… I have as well reinstalled v5.600 so have some of the updates and fixes that have been improved since the fork. However, very much still not happy the current developers have no regard for the input of there users… So installed v5.600 and turned off auto updates for this version…

I got the the version 5.801 installed - it’s even worse to 5.800!
When opening the account list and selecting an other account it’s opening immediately the inbox of that account and does no more display the folderlist.

Go into settings, for each account go to the folders option. Select the first option under folders, Auto-expand folder. The default appears to be inbox. Change the selection to none, top option.

That Wii give you the folder list instead of the inbox.

Hope that helps,

Bill

1 Like

Thanks - it works now

I am desperately looking for a solution to get back the old startscreen, I hope they will asap re-incorporate it!!! otherwise I am screwed :confused: taking way to long now to switch around between all my accounts. Having an unified INBOX is my death,… P L E A S E make this new startscreen optional, thnx!

2 Likes

Best suggestion so far is to revert to version 5.600 instructions can be found at the following link…

thanks @DrPacman5920

does anyone know if an option for the old interface will come, or did the devs, so far, not respond?

I upgraded to 5.800 because I need the “upload to sent folder” setting, which is not available in versions below. So now I have to choose one of two evils :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Try FairEmail

i think its a good choice. Or downgrade or wait for a future option K9 5.8X

das Alternative Programm “FairEmail” aus den Niederlanden bietet die verlorene Funktionalität und vieles mehr. Habe gestern angefangen umzusteigen. Kostet 7,-- glaube ich in der Vollversion… habe jetzt alle meine Emailaccounts transferriert.

Auch seitens Zeitungen,… bekam das Tool gute Kritiken… einfach mal im Internet schauen… ich bin begeistert… sieht ähnlich aus… eher für rechtshänder gedacht… aber auch mit der linken Hand kommt man von einer kompletten Accountübersicht direkt in die Inbox.

Bietet auch eine Sammelansicht, wenn man es braucht… und… “runterziehen” in derAccount übersicht synchronisiert alle Postfächer (ich nutze nur manuelle Synchro, keine Automatik)

Unmstiegsarbeit war recht flott, wenn man raus hatte

1 Like

FairEmail is nice but it’s still not as fast for handling multiple acounts and folders.

It’s also not as ‘open’ for comments or issues.

I hope the developer there is watching and listening.

1 Like

Please, please bring back two or three features of good old k9:

• account list - first and foremost
  • position of buttons, when reading or writing mails

Like all others, I appreciate your time and effort to make k9 great - but the account overview list has been the extremely powerful.

Meanwhile I have checked fairmail and bluemail - without success in finding an account overview the way we had before.

If anyone knows of any good solution, please let me know.

4 Likes

super, danke für feedback!

Ever wonder what consensus means? It’s when the majority is listened to and their thoughts and ideas are implemented.

1 Like

Can anyone tell me if I get all my email back if I downgrade a version? I have email saved with stars.
I don’t want to download the 10000 email messages I have in 7 accounts and try to sort through them again.
This has NOT been addressed in any of the posts…

If you use IMAP, all your emails are stored on the server of gmail for a gmail account, of yahoo for a yahoo account, and so on. Changing the email app will not destroy them.

In the case where a mail is unduly classified as spam, you cannot see it in the unified inbox. But you will see it in the list of email accounts.

Sorry, but you have to download them again. That’s because you cannot downgrade. You have to uninstall (which will remove the emails from your device) and then install.

Thank you.
The POP acvounts are working in the new version, but not the IMAP account. It’s missing ALL folders except Outbox and Inbox.
All my mail is on the server, IMAP or POP.

But no matter what type of account, it’s way too much work to go through that again.
Thank you for the warning.

See other reply.
Thank you for making this clear.

+1.
Please add back the list of accounts and the ability to see all of them in the default interface.
This is critical for all of us in our company. We downgraded to 5.6 for now but that has sync bugs.

5 Likes