Beta: K-9 Mail 5.721

Changes in this version:

• Fixed bug that lead to the message body not being displayed when it contained a signature ending with a URL
  • Added ‘copy link text to clipboard’ option when long-pressing links
  • Treat all whitespace as separator when detecting URLs

Read the post “How do I become a beta tester?” to learn where to get the beta version.

1 Like

Since 5.720 with the fix for #4984 I find that the message list became a lot slower when it is opened. Maybe this is a side effect of the bugfix but improving the opening speed would be very helpful.
I currently use a limit of displaying 250 messages, and that was a good value in the past.

The preview text extraction happens when the message is downloaded. It should not affect how fast the message list is displayed.
Due to the signature detection opening a message might have gotten marginally slower. But I doubt it’s noticeable.

Improving performance is a fairly high priority issue for us. However, it requires architectural changes and is not something we’ll tackle before the next stable version is released.

I am pretty sure that this is not an easy task to improve the performance.
Anyway I notice a slowdown after upgrade to 5.720/5.721 compared to the performance in 5.718. I cannot prove it though but if you tell me how to get more information that night help you, please let me know.

Treat all whitespace as separator when detecting URLs

I am on 5.726 and this didn’t work for me.