Accounts overview screen

I don’t use my inbox, everthing is sorted into folders by mail rules.

So backing up into the inbox is a pain, could it be a selectable default folder?

You can select a default folder in Settings » Account » Folders

I agree. Furthermore the guy was deleting everything posted under his statement until he gave up and closed the thread which had the same thing explained over and over again by patient people.
And then he found the time to write that I wasn’t courteous enough when I answered that guy who insults everyone ("you’re all stubborn like you’re 60 years old ") and is the only one that likes the new UI, just said “K9 Team you’re busted” and I got a warning for that !
Told the developper that it was nice that he had the time to write me while he still never answered the only question everyone’s been asking : Why ?

1 Like

I also rolled back to v5.600 and disabled updates. Should still be good for a couple of years, I hope.

The accounts page and some other features like bottom menu bar where what made K-9 (and Kaiten, which I actually bought only to find it abandoned a year later) so unique. I use it especially for those features, because the new UI looks more or less like any other bland email app out there.

4 Likes

Exactly.

I am beyond frustrated with devs today. They don’t listen to users.

3 Likes

Just checked popular russian forum (4pda) and first reply after they posted link to this new version was like: “wtf, where is overview screen”. :rofl:

https://4pda.to/forum/index.php?showtopic=159927&st=2540

Ohhh… I feel the pain of the developers. I do a lot of embedded device interfaces. This has happened to me several times as a software developer, you put a lot of effort into some good-looking and, you think, super clever solution that you expect every user to love.

An then, of course, it turns out that you did not quite know exactly how your users used your piece of software. Everyone is displeased and the hard to swallow pill is that your excellent design that you put so much effort into is not the Magic Stuff pleasing everyone you expected.

These days I try to see it as valuable information on what exactly it is that makes my piece of software so useful.

The upside in this case is that both interface ought to be able to coexist, just make it a setting. This luxury is rarely an option for me.

3 Likes

went back to 5.6, what a lovely feeling :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Few years ago when I changed phone to new device and reinstalled apps, I thought maybe lets check out some other e-mail apps. I tried many but in the end K-9 Mail it was again. I did not found anything similar to K-9 Mail. Maybe now there is.

Like many others here, I’ve added my 2 cents on why the overview screen (and) as a home screen was a defining feature, and one that I can simply not miss.

I’m back on this forum.only to check whether there is a (developer) reaction about what will be done,.if anything, and when - but I see nothing. Developers: PLEASE say something? I’m goijg to find another app but I’ll gladly return if the account overbiew or an equivalent is available again.

In the mean time, does anyone know if Fairemail has an acxount overview screen? I saw others asking that question, but couldn’t find an answer.

1 Like

Apparently, the ‘nine’ email app starts with an accoint overview screen… someone understood why that was a lucky number.

Haven’t loked at the reat of the features yet. Anyone know it?

Developer said this - K-9 Mail is back (5.800 release) - #119 by cketti
Post explains everything… :confused:

Right. Thanks, I missed that post. My hopes are down!

Downgrading has 1 major problem, you must upgrade every other app manually

Anyone knows solution for this ?

Hello, I’m a long time user of K9. I love it, configuration backup and restore with a single file, highly customisable, access to all the capabilities of imap servers, … K9 does exactly what I want and need.
The look was oldish but I didn’t care.
It’s good you renewed the interface but please, bring back 2 things:
-accounts overview page
-display unread mails of an account and subfolders of the account
Thanks for your job.

See here: How to downgrade to the "good" version (before this silly UI update)? - #7 by Justin

if you downgrade and disable autoupdate, you will still have update pending

Hi Alina,
you can configure the Fairmail App to show the account overview screen as start page.
Exactly the thing we all are missing since 5.8.

2 Likes

Using the version I linked to, you can update all apps. There will be a notification that K-9 was not updated.

Play Store recognizes the package name, but is not able to update the app.

Thanks! I was practicing my German but this helps :wink:

1 Like