Accounts overview screen

Its actually fairly close, we are already at 5.9

maybe after 6.1 even, who knows ? but definitely before 6.3. :wink:
thanks for the link !

Unlike you’re working on it I don’t see how you could possibly know how long it will take to get to 6.2

Thanks Tenshi,

I am glad that the accounts overview screen is coming back but a bit disappointed that it will only be in version 6.2 as we are still creeping slowly up from version 5.8. I note that of all the topics in the forum the request to reinstate the accounts overview screen has by far the greatest number of entries.

My hope is that you or whoever is doing the scheduling can bring this forward, particularly as the appropriate screen appears to be available and it may be just a matter of changing the default order of how the screens come up.

I certainly appreciate the contributions and work that has gone into K-9 Mail and making it available to the public. Thank you again.

1 Like

Thank you. Looking forward to 6.2

1 Like

Thank you! That’s wonderful news!

1 Like

Very happy to hear the accounts overview screen will be coming back. Thank you.

2 Likes

Still think it’s fairly close ? still at 5.9 three months later…

Any idea when 6.2 is coming out ?

Give it the time it needs. If you look at previous beta versions, the current 5.9 as well as the next 6.1 will last a few months. The stable 5.8 and then 6.0 will be there accordingly for a longer time.

If you want 6.2 faster, you can always fork and give it a shot. Or pay someone to do it for you.

6.1 6.15 6.17 6.175 6.180…

Ja ich möchte auch gerne wieder das meine 5 mal könnten zu gleich angezeigt werden. :disappointed_relieved:

After waiting >6 month I have downgraded to 5.600 (thanks to titaniumbackup), and hey k9 works again as expected. An now manual sync starts again directly on demand!
May be I´ll give the update a chance, if the accounts overview is back again.

1 Like

Overview screen is a must.

I was testing Fairemail for few days, ended up not using and stying with K-9 Mail 5.600.
But first thing I disabled in fairemail was unified inbox :smiling_imp: Idea to bring mails from different purpose email boxes into 1 place is beyond me.

Fairemail seemed super feature rich and perhaps even too bloated for my taste, but I ended up not using it becouse it was somewhat unreliable. I used one of my gmail acc’s with pop3 (and also with imap) and for some reason pop3 was effectively purged to 0 after some time. No idea why, maybe some google setting or what. But I know such thing never happenned with K-9 Mail 5.600 so im sticking with it.

The developer is too conceited, he asks for donations for his (little) time spent to butcher the app or make insignificant adjustments, without even listening to the generous users for months. So you pay for worse!

He loves too much his sidebar. What a sidebar, waow. Beautiful regression, so flashy, so unergonomic!!

2 Likes

Agree, it’s abhorrent, just disgustingly ugly and unusable. Recently had a new phone. Thought I’d give the new k9 a try, but it’s truly unusable compared to the old version 5.6
Always amazes me how stupid and self-centered some of those devs are. He’s ignoring all critics, mostly because he can as it’s now ‘his code-base’ and offers it for free. So dumb. If the old K-9 devs would have asked for money to upgrade/update the back-end, to keep it secure, they would have gotten loads of donations.

2 Likes

6.2 is out and account overview screen is still missing :frowning_face:

I don’t really understand how such a basic functionality could have been removed and the requests for bringing it back ignored :frowning_face:

1 Like

Also look here where this feature is mentioned as well:

Haha, been waiting for over a year for that promised 6.2 with the return of the account overview, and now he says it’s not a priority. What a joke. Still he brags on the number of updates (18) when none of them adressed the number one problem/most requested design repair. Hopeless.

2 Likes

Thanks ‘stphn’, I commented there as well.

He claimed that the account overview screen would require a lot of design work, so now I gave him an idea which would at least be a small step in the right direction.

Let’s see how it turns out…

1 Like