Accounts overview screen

I’ve been using k9 for many years now, k9 is simply the best email client there is :slight_smile: But since the removing of the account list the usability (at least for my use case) is way worse now.

I have many email accounts. Some of them a “noisy”, some not. Some of them are very important, some less. Some I check weekly, some multiple times per day. Some are in a foreign language. With the unified inbox now the important emails go under in the “noisy” unified email list. It’s like mixing different levels of abstractions in programming, it does not make sense at all (for my use case).

My question is, did you think about this use case / is there a new workflow or setting to make the app usable again? Right now I have to click much more in the app and check each email account separately …

Another use case: separating personal and business emails - at least this has to be a very common use case.

9 Likes

Why was the email list view removed? The unified mailbox makes it impossible to know which email box I’m looking at. I keep my email boxes separate and don’t want to mix them up as each serves a different function.

Will have to start looking for a different mail client.

9 Likes

Hi, the remove of the Account overview ist a big step backwards. It adds an extra step for every Account to check the basic infos. (new/read emails…)
Did your UI-Experts leave?
I hate it! I hate it so much, that i registered an account in this forum only to post this message. Total waste of time…
Please bring the overview screen back asap.

11 Likes

same for me, registered only to get back:

account overview on startup
shortcut to starred Mails
vibration patterns
notification led color
swipe interactions

love(d) k9 for more than 10 years.

11 Likes

Is there a way to change the shown logos of the different accounts or can just the color be setup?
Would be nice to add a logo/picture instead of just a colored symbol showing a user…

2 Likes

See Account Picture - how to change (resolved)

La mise à jour est une horreur.
Pourquoi n’y a-t-il plus moyen d’avoir un visu sur l’ensemble des comptes?
Quel dommage. On se croirait dans Gmail.
:zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

same for me. I want the account overview back.

10 Likes

Bring the overview screen back!

8 Likes

Hi there!
Account list is still there: just swipe from the left to get the folder view of one of your email accounts, then tap in the middle of the colored field on top: list comes. for sync swipe top down.
hope your’re happy again!

YES! I have used K-9 for as long as I can remember and the account overvuew screen was a key feature. I have 6 email accounts and at a glance I could see which accounts had emails, how many and which had stars. Please, bring back the account overview.

4 Likes

Read my post just before your’s!!!

We do know how to open the sidelist.
Unfortunately, that´s not the same and makes it very unpracticable to use if you have 10+ accounts to manage. That´s the point here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

This is not the same as what we had in previous versions. The account overview screen should be the 1st thing we see.

5 Likes

It seems like you haven’t read any of the previous comments and certainly your comment doesn’t make us happy again as your proposed solution is precisely what we are complaining about.

3 Likes

Your solution IS what we’re all complaining about

3 Likes

What’s amazing is there are tens of people explaining why this has made the app totally unusable and the developper posts a new thread saying he’s read it all and hasn’t found a single comment that explains why the “new feature” (ie the destruction of a previous feature) is making things X times more complicated, X being your number of accounts multiplied by 10 swipes and pushing pull down menus.
In other words you and I are wasting our time.
Bye bye K9

10 Likes

Well I can give then a good enough reason … 10 years. I have been using K( for 10 years and it worked exactly the way I needed it. So now it is a POS without an optional account overview screen. Even though I have 31 email accounts I monitor I will invest the time to install a new app that fits the bill.

Good-Bye , good enough reason?

7 Likes

I would explain why I loved the old interface and absolutely hate the new one, but it’s not necessary. Multiple people in this thread have already articuated the exact reasons why it was good and now has been scewed up, and why we want the old option.

You say you have read all the posts, and have not seen any reason for the advantage of the old method. That really speaks to the developers attitude towards this app and the users, and that is extremely discouraging.

I understand that your interface designers think the new version is pretty, and the old version, in their eyes, is dated but priority needs to be placed on usability. Form follows function.

13 Likes