Why is the text pink?

Why is all the text and highlighting now pink and why can’t I choose to change it to something else?

Already been discussed/answered several times, the last thread is here and has a link to the one where the dev answered.
Unfortunately it seems like we’re stuck with it. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hmm, this arrogance was an issue when @cketti took over the other year. Now K-9 Mail is apparently going to become Thunderbird and the fact this is still happening is not a good sign. I was sticking with K-9 as I use Thunderbird on all the desktops but this is appalling behaviour yet again.

Since I’m rooted and use Substratum themes anyway I will ask every theme dev I know if they can “fix” it so that everything pink instead uses the system/theme accent color. There has GOT to be a way to get rid of that awful color lol :thinking:

He didn’t take over the project. He is the main developer since 2010, more than 13 years.

Thanks for the clarification, still no help to anyone with any of the issues due to the “my way or the highway” arrogant attitude.

For anybody that’s rooted and using Substratum (Lite) themes - the free Dark Shadow Theme User App will have k-9 in the next update (probably later this week) and it eliminates the pink accent, changing it to whichever system accent you’re using with Subs.
It might not be perfect yet, but from the test version I got it seems fine - and the dev is always quick to fix any issues :slightly_smiling_face: