Where is "mark as read" option in Android client?

Ok. I know this should be very obvious but I just can’t find it. If I select (long press) a few emails or even just one, that hasn’t been read yet, and then choose the menu option (three dots), the only options I have are “move, copy, add star, spam, select all”. Where is the option for “mark as read”? I currently have 5.802 installed. It seems like it should be painfully obvious but I have searched all through the app and don’t see it anywhere.

Click the opened/closed email to mark as read/unread

Thanks but doesn’t help when I need to mark the 50+ new emails I get every day as read.

I’m not sure what you mean. You can multi-select all the 50 emails and then press the “mark as read” button.

That is what I was trying to say. I don’t see the “mark as read” option anywhere.

Sorry. I didn’t realize it wasn’t a text menu option. I expected to see it under … after selecting several emails. Got it worked out.

Took a while to figure it out. Very misleading for existing users since it closely resembles the old “compose mail” icon.

Exact same problem for me, the new icon was not obvious. I had to came here to understand the the new app layout… Anyway thanks :slight_smile:

It kind of makes sense the way they did it. I thought it would have been “select all” and then “mark as read”, but instead it is just “mark all as read” so no need to select anything first.

very misleading icon. A tick mark would be way more intuitive.