Too many issues with new version to stay with K9

Totally agree. I have no idea why it was necessary to destroy a good usability, the new version is a complete fail.

Overthat, my server logwatch mails from user “root” are all the sudden shown as “unknown identity”.

Baaahh…

1 Like

I joined the forum yesterday for a setup problem. However, I am seeing some people don’t like the update. I’ve been using K-9 several years and I agree this new update is more flashy and awkward to use. Do I think it’s “better” or “worse”? Not sure yet. I can say for sure that “better” wasn’t my first impression. I hate when software changes after getting used to it. And I’ll also say I think the front takes up too much real estate on the screen. I also have several accounts setup like someone else and it’s not very easy to use in that respect.

Later…I discovered a easy way to navigate back if you’re looking at your emails is to not use the 3 lines on top left corner to go back…instead put your finger on the left side and slid right…nice.

The same for me.
I got the update to version 5.8 today. I did not know about the UI changes and installed the update.
I spent about 2 hours searching for the account overview. I also could not disable notification sound for received emails.
Then I downgraded to version 5.6. This took me another hour to get it working as before.
Three hours of lifetime just wasted.

I fully agree with all the con posts here. The new UI is a real disadvantage. It requires more taps, gives less overview and seems to have less configuration options.

On the K-9 startpage I read
“The user interface has been redesigned. Some of you will love it, some will hate it. You’re welcome and we’re sorry.”
Kind of arrogant from the author.
I do not like the new user interface.

3 Likes

I never had a problem reaching the top email. I can reach the left of the top email row. I can’t reach the right of the top menu.

I miss the back button function to go back to the beginning and not close the app. Select an email with a swipe instead of holding it. All accounts in 1 page and get al the email at once.

1 Like

Why did they destroy something that was good?

3 Likes

You can avoid the long click by clicking the icon. It works like the checkboxes in the previous version.

2 Likes

Thanks @capi for the tip. I will give it a try.
I have already two devices switched back to an older version.
I will try it on my phone.