Tap on email link confirmation

Hello, has anybody ever thought about a confirmation dialog when tapping on an email link accidentally?
It has happened to me that i accidentally tapped on a spam link (even that i knew that it was a spam link) and now i get tons of spam at this mail address. That would never happen with a mouse based PC but with touchscreens its a safety issue.
So it would be a good safety feature if there would be the opportunity for a setting to avoid accidentally tapping at links for careful users.

Unfortunately nobody has ever reactet to the idea. Is this the wrong place for discussions about features? I still think it would be useful to simply add a checkbox in settings/general settings/interaction/confirmation dialog.

1 Like

As a workaround which I use (not for K9 only but in general): do not set a default browser in Android - you will always be asked for the app to be used for that link.

PRO: this also works for other apps which will be present you links to click on.

CON: the same as PRO

1 Like

thanks for sharing this workaround. But I think the cons will bother me too much when other apps will ask allways for the default browser app.
Also my phone doesnt provide an option to chose “none” app as default browser app.

You dont choose “none”. You just clear the default status from the app that had that role.

Tipps in your link do not work on pixel 4a with android 13 because “clear the default status” is not available.

So it has. That shows how long it’s been since I have needed to clear a default app in Android.

I don’t knew if there is a fake browser app that can register itoelf as an HTTP/HTTPS handler, but that or not opening suspicious messages on your mobile may be the only options for now.

As long the feature you want can be disabled for those of us who don’t want it, I say go for it.