Suggestion : An "Undo" feature for swipe actions

Hello, I like the new swipe actions to the message list screen, it is very easy to delete a message for example.

…but, maybe, it’s too easy :
Sometime, I delete message because my phone choose “swipe” instead of “Android back button” when I make a drag from screen corner. (I use my phone without 3 classic Android bottom button, so only gesture)
After that, it is difficult to locate in the trash folder which email has just been deleted !

Please make an “Undo” popup for few second in screen bottom after a swipe action.

9 Likes

That would be very helpful!

1 Like

Yes, I agree. A discrete popup at the bottom would be helpful to undo inadvertent swipe deletion.

It would also be possible to activate the setting to always show a confirmation for deleting messages, but this setting is quite annoying as it will actively ask for confirmation in all cases and it is not needed in most of the cases.

In addition, I propose to make the swipe gesture less “easy”, i.e., longer swipe distance to lower risk of inadvertently deleting messages.

4 Likes

Yes, a longer swipe distance is a good idea in association with discrete popup :slight_smile:

2 Likes

+1 for both suggestions. Deleting a mail is just too easy…

1 Like

Still no “undo” feature !
Have the developers ever experimented with gesture navigation ?

Yes, we need an UNDO button!!

1 Like

Don’t believe this. Why configure delete in the first place? Get a grip.

1 Like

To delete very fast, of course !

I am SO in on this!

I used a different mail client for many years that had this feature and used it enough that I miss it.

1 Like

Strongly agreed. In fact, k9 needs a very long stack of undos. I just accidentally lost a lengthy 2 hour composition to a family member. I have no idea how it got deleted.

This happens so often, i usually remember to draft the message in a different app, then paste it into k9 immediately before sending.

I’m on the verge of abandoning k9 due to this horrible accidental delete “feature”.

Either change this accidental delete function, or create a long undo stack.

1 Like

I’ll second that (33rd?). I’ve been bitten by this a few times, and ended up turning on confirmation – but the problem with a confirmation popup is that 99% of the time you want to confirm it, and that trains you to just hit OK automatically…whereas a non-blocking short-lived Undo button stays out of your way for that 99% of the time you don’t want it and is there when you do.

2 Likes

I also be in favor of this. I would also mention I think a undo pop-up would be great for any file/delete action, even archive. Other applications, as well as their web counterparts, like Gmail and Outlook, have this functionality.

1 Like