Settings Export Fails in v6.600

Thank you @cketti :+1::+1:

I had a couple of identities that just had email addresses (with blank name fields). So I added names to those and the export worked perfectly.

I marked your comment as the solution and I greatly appreciate everyone’s help, especially @stphn who was able to duplicate the problem.

Is there a way I can mark the topic “solved” or is it just the small checkmark that shows up?

1 Like

Yes, you set the Solution checkmark (you already did) and this is marked as solved.

1 Like

Thanks for all your help @stphn

As of Oct 2023, still fails in K-9 version 6.602. I’m reporting, since in April someone wrote that 6.602 would fix it.

Export fails on blank identity name, even though that’s labeled as optional. So the work around is to put at least one character in that identity name field, as previously posted.

To me, this work around isn’t a solution, so this post really shouldn’t be marked as solved. If this will take longer to fix, then consider changing the word Optional in the field to “Optional except when exporting” or temporarily make it required.

1 Like

I forgot to include the fixes in K-9 Mail 6.602.

We just created K-9 Mail 6.603 to fix two settings import/export bugs related to identities without name or description. The APK is available on GitHub (https://github.com/thundernest/k-9/releases/tag/6.603) right now. F-Droid and Google Play should offer the update soon.

3 Likes

6.603 just hit the google play store and fixed this issue.

3 Likes

Yes, you fixed it in 6.603. I just upgraded and confirmed too. You guys rock.

1 Like