Renewing inbox is a gamble

Hello there. I wish i could say something positive at this moment since i am also very disappointed about the re-design and the elephants in the room.

However, i have a very different problem:

After the update i could at least still check my mails properly. But shortly after (Canā€™t put a date on this, but since a week or so) it fails to properly check my mails when pulling down to manually check when on the inbox screen. The circle appears for a second, disappears - and the inbox doesnā€™t refresh. Then i pull again and the circle is there for 20 seconds, sometimes up to a full minute. In that time i have to touch the screen several times to keep the screen from locking, which would prevent the refresh from finishing. Then iā€™d finally have a refreshed inbox.

But that is not all: When i then, for example, delete some mails, it wouldnā€™t synchronize and the mails would still all be there when i check on my desktop. Mark as read after reading - same thing.

Now it is one thing to remove a screen where i could manually check all of my inboxes with one click in a matter of two or three seconds. But all the annoying wiping and swiping should at least lead to a having the actual functionality of checking my inboxes. Anyone has an idea? I donā€™t have the time and the nerves right now to set up Fairmail and whatnot. I know i shouldnā€™t sound pissed when asking for help, but right now i am and have a lot of other stuff on my shoulders, i am very sorry about that.

Using Android 10 on a Samsung.
My first guess was Blokada somehow interfering, but deactivating it didnā€™t help.

Thanks for anyone who can help, other than ā€œDownload the old version or Fairmail and set it all up again!ā€

Still nothing? :frowning:

I canā€™t be the only oneā€¦

Sounds like a transient bug which is the most difficult type to tackle.

Have you tried the usual go-tos?

• open Androidā€™s settings
  • Apps and notifications
  • Find & select K-9
  • Force stop K-9
  • Clear cache
  • Restart K-9

If that do s not help, you could try to activate K-9ā€™s debug log. But I am kind-a certain, this transient bug will not manifest in the logā€¦

Hey,

Thanks for the answer! Does ā€œclear cacheā€ mean iā€™d lose all the settings?

No. The cache only contains some temporary data.

Please make sure to ONLY clear the cache. Most Android derivatives also offer an option to ā€œclear storageā€ (or similar). If you do that, all your data and settings will be deleted.

Thanks! I did as suggested but the symptoms didnā€™t change.