On MY phone it has helped with Push issues. For some odd reason notifications for Gmail accounts on iPhone, no matter which email app is used, are almost instant while on any Android version, email app or phone Push notifications have always been delayed for me. I usually keep it at 12 minutes - not so often that it drains battery but often enough to have Push notifications arrive fairly quickly.
Thank you. Do we know what that setting actually does? Because default is 24 minutes and I never have to wait 24 minutes for a push notification so it can’t be that. Sometimes I get them within seconds. Other times a few minutes, but never 24 minutes.
The app maintains a permanent connection to the server when push is enabled so emails can be delivered immediately. This gets periodically refreshed by disconnecting and re-establishing the connection. The idle time determines how frequently this occurs.
If you have a poor network connection that regularly disconnects, a lower IDLE interval might help re-establish the connection to the server faster. Setting it to 2 minutes would likely be detrimental, rather than beneficial. It’s state would be disconnected more frequently.