Punkt. MC02 Issues

Greetings.

I am not able to send or receive emails on my new device. Is there a setting I should check?

Please supply much more information. What version of K-9 Mail? What device? What version of the operating system on your device? Are you getting any error messages? If so, what are they? Details, details, details. The more data you supply, the more likely it is that someone can provide assistance.

2 Likes

Version 6.202
Punkt. MC02 device

GaiException: android_getaddrinfo failed: EAI_NODATA (No address associated with host name)

Email address is dexterklee@aphy.io

I guess this means that for aphy.io Android could not resolve an IP adress. Can you browse this with your browser on your device?

who/what are you using as your mail service provider?

also, could you please provide the information you are entering for both the incoming and outoing server configurations:

• server
  • security
  • port
  • authentication

i will note that while i don’t have a problem resolving “aphy.io” on either my desktop or mobile device i can’t reach any of ports 993, 465, 587 from my desktop for any of the four ipnumbers that are returned. that wouldn’t give the error you are reporting, but would impact on your ability to connect to retrieve mail via imap and to send.

2 Likes

Your ISP exercises security by obscurity, under “SUPPORT” menu they supply some FAQ’s that do not really belong in support because it is mostly marketing.

The following was found using Chrome under Windows 10 using the URL aphy.io. When you use “SIGN-UP” in the top menu it gives a two options, you can ignore both, instead click on the item “Webmail” on top of the page. Next you will be asked for username and password, ignore this, instead click on the item “help” shown under the login box. Next select “Search Knowledgebase”. On the next page see the item " Does Apostrophy Service provide POP3 access?" which gives a clear answer “No”.
Now look at the first item in the list “Aphy KB: Known Issues” where you find the line " * The Auto configuration of the Aphy.io account is providing the wrong IMAP and SMTP server values. The correct values can be found in this KB article." Unfortunately the contents of the KB article does not make sense (to me). But if you go back to the FAQ list there is an article “Aphy KB: Thunderbird – Apostrophy Service setup guide” which refers to (another) KB article “Aphy KB: Generic IMAP Client Setup Guide”. Now we are getting somewhere that might be usable, although I suspect that the last entry might be wrong.

IMAP Settings / Receiving Email
Setting Name	Value
Server Address	imap.aphy.app
Port Number	993
SSL/TLS (aka. Encryption or Security)	SSL/TLS
Authentication	Automatic or Normal Password
Username	Your Primary Email Address
SMTP Settings / Sending Email
Setting Name	Value
Server Address	smtp.aphy.app
Port Number	587
SSL/TLS (aka. Encryption or Security)	STARTTLS
SMTP Settings with implicit TLS
Setting Name	Value
Server Address	smtp.aphy
Port Number	465
SSL/TLS (aka. Encryption or Security)	SSL/TLS
type or paste code here

IMHO you should contact aphy if you can not get it work with the information given on their website.

3 Likes