Oauth2.0 on android only through Chrome?

Hi all,
I’ve updated k9-mail and I’m trying to authenticate to o365 account with Oauth2.0.
When I try, a Chrome browse opens. I don’t use Chrome on my android to surf the internet, is it possible to use another browser for Oauth2.0 authentication? I have duckduckgo and opera.

K-9 Mail opens your default browser. Apparently Chrome is set as the default browser on your device.

Thank you for suggestion, but I fixed disabling Chrome, which was not default browser, in app management section in android settings.

Reporting a - sort of - similar experience in case someone finds it useful.

I needed ot renew an oauth2 token for a university outlook account that uses 2FA. I was taken to the university login page, but when I put in my username and password, the form just reset, asking for them again. No error message. However, I finally noticed small print saying that the login screen was being displayed in chrome, and offering a box to tick for using the Duckduckgo browser instead. Duckduckgo is my default browser. I hardly ever use chrome. When I ticked the Duckduckgo box, my username and password were accepted and everything was fine. I don’t know why chrome got involved, but if it is some sort of default in k-9, maybe it shouldn’t be.

The app uses “custom tabs” if available. If your default browser doesn’t support this feature and you have one installed that does, that one is used instead.