Notifications are sticky

In the old client, new mail notifications went away if the mail was read via a different device. The new code does not do this. Please fix. thank you

1 Like

Works fine for me. But you’ll have to either enable Push or wait for the next periodic sync to pick up the changes from the server.

I’m also still seeing this on 5.802, was definitely working previous to 5.800. Using IMAP push.
With debug on the server I see EXPUNGE message sent to K9 client but the notification does not disappear until I open K9.

It’s possible that your NAT gateway drops connections after a very short timeout. Try lowering the refresh interval under Settings > [Account] > Fetching mail > Advanced > Refresh IDLE connection.

If that doesn’t work, I’d be interested to look at a debug log. See LoggingErrors · k9mail/k-9 Wiki · GitHub

If what you suggest is true, then why did the issue start occurring coincident with the new release?

Here you go:
08:32:00: mail arrived
08:32:10: read mail on remote machine,
08:32:20: deleted mail on remote machine, notification did not disappear
08:32:45: Open K9 email on phone, notification disappeared.

Debug log: K9 debug log - Pastebin

Thanks for your help.

Thanks for the log. The good news is that Push is working as expected. The other good news is that not removing notifications for deleted messages is a bug that has been fixed recently. The bad news is that the fix isn’t included in K-9 Mail 5.802 like I was remembering. It’ll be in K-9 Mail 5.803, though.

3 Likes

Thank you. It’s not a killer, I can wait for 5.803.

Good to hear. Thanks. When do you expect the next release?