Move emails to folders?

Hi all. Is there an option to move emails from the inbox into folders, e.g. to spam or into any other folder?
Thanks

On the top right there should be a three-dots-button that should lead to a ā€œrefile/moveā€ menu point.

2 Likes

But ā€œrefile/moveā€ seems to only allow mail to go to other top level folders (e.g. Spam, Trash etc.) not to sub-folders of the Inbox. What am I missing?

Hi @Gunter_Konigsmann,

Iā€™m on version 6.711 and the only way Iā€™ve found to move a mail is with the sideways gesturesā€¦ The moment I choose more than one email, I no longer get the option to move the emails anywhere - I donā€™t get the option in the three-dot menu in any case.

Any other way I can move multiple emails from the inbox to one folder at a time?

Sideway gestures? If you mean slides then for me (also on 6.711) on

• right slide it marks mail as selected
  • left slide it marks it as read

If I have marekd one or several mails as selected (either bei right slide or long press on mail or touch on left side where icon is shown) then I can go to 3dot menu and select Move.

BTW: if you do not see Move in 3dot menu then it could be that your screen is wide enough to show it as a command icon beside 3dot menu: it is a folder icon

1 Like

Thanks @stphn for your quick answer.

I have now realized the problem: I was in the unified mailbox. Once out of it I can move the option you have indicated to me. Thanks!

P.S: it would be nice if, even being in the unified mailbox, you could move the emails if they are all from the same account.

1 Like

Great you found solution. Could you please mark it as such (Solution)?

Absolutely! Could you tell how could I do that? Sorry, Iā€™m quite new to this.

Ah, sorry - just saw that this can only be done by the initiator of a thread - and I thought that was you, but you also just answered in this thread.

In general the initiator of a thread would see an option on messages to set it as Solution.

I seeā€¦ Iā€™ve imagined it. I replied to this thread so as not to create a gazillion threads on the same subject.

Thanks anyway, @stphn.