Missing outbox folder?

hello,
since a couple of time i had created on my IMAP mailbox some subfolders for INBOX via thunderbird client and all wherer syncronized to imap server…

after that i synced my android k-9 client and all folders are available in k-9 as well.

but since then i have “Lost” my OUTBOX folder? i can see by the icon that it was “mapped” to any of my new subfolders i had created before. And really … mails seems to be stored in this folder for sending. i recognized this yesterday, because usually sending is to fast, but i had a hudge email yesterday…
due to there are many other “inbox” mails in this folder this is not a good situation…

i cant find any possibily in k-9 to specify a OUTBOX folder? how can i correct this?
i have k-9 v6.202 on android12 samsungS10 (OneUI4.1)

thank you
br
Frank

I’m not quite sure what you’re asking. K-9 Mail uses a folder named Outbox to store messages before they can be sent (e.g. when you compose a message while you are offline). Usually that folder is empty because messages are sent right away. It is a local folder and can’t be found on the server. You can’t change the name of this folder.

K-9 Mail (like many other clients) also uses a Sent folder. It is used to store messages after they have been sent. When using an IMAP account, you can configure which folder is used as Sent folder under Settings → [Account] → Folders → Sent folder.

Hello @cketti

thank you for you reply :slight_smile:

Yes exactly i´m writing about this “local” Outbox folder, where emails are temporarily stored BEFORE beeing sent and NOT about the “sent” folder where emails land AFTER beeing sent…

for better explanation, i will show you two screenshots, one for the account having this problem and then an screenshot where it looks “normal”.

first screenshot: i have a couple of IMAP subfolders on the server, stored in a root folder “INBOX/”… followed my given subfolder names… (so i assume, all inbox folders on my imap server do have the root folder INBOX by default, usually mapped to “Posteingang” in k-9…the standard inbox folder…).
the green marked subfolders are ok, only for example… But for the red marked folder you can see, indicated by the icon, something went wrong. the folder with this icon usually is used for the default OUTBOX folder in k-9 (normally named “posteingang” in german) . But in my case, it was “mapped” to one of my server imap inbox/subfolders… no chance to correct this in k-9… don´t know how this could ever happen?
this happened, after first sync of imap folders from server. i had added such subfolders for my inbox via thunderbird (…thunderbird synced to imap server … then imap synced to k-9), tadaa, mess…

needless to say, in this “INBOX/Krankenkasse” folder are some emails i received long ago… so now its a mix of an inbox folder and beeing used by k-9 for such default outbox folder at same time…??!

actual behavior is: when sending an email with this accout, it will be “stored” by k-9 into this “INBOX/Krankenkasse” folder, (k-9 “thinks” this is the OUTBOX folder…???)… after beeing successfully sent, the email is moved to folder “sent”… nevertheless existing “incoming emails” are stored in this folder too!

after my first post, i had played around with settings in k-9 to investigate solutions, unfortunately without any progress. But now i do have additionally an error message for this outbox folder or single (received)emails beeing stored in … repeatyly by each new sync…
Nachrichten konnten nicht gesendet werden (sending messages has failed)… illegalStateException: no outbox_state entry for mesage with id 14026

i guess k-9 “recognizes” my received emails, having a missing status, outgoing mails usually have? thankfully, otherwise those would be moved to “sent” too, or deleted or what ever…?

note: sending mails via this account in k-9 works correctly nevertheless. they are temporaily stored in this weird folder, after beeing sent successfully, they are moved to folder “sent”… as usual… all existing (received) mails keep untouched…

… next post…

here another account in same k-9 with “correct” outbox folder… as it shoud be…

Inbox folder is corretly “Posteingang”, always empty, except in case of sending an message…
here i do have INBOX and subfolder as well… no prob at all here…

how could i solve this problem, without deinstalling k-9 and creating profiles completey from scratch?
any ideas? i´m worry about, loosing some emails and a lot of setting i had made, and cant remember about when doing an reinstall…

thank you in advance
br
Frank

sorry for splitted posts, can´t add more than one pic at once because of forum rules?.. :roll_eyes:

It looks like the account where “INBOX/Krankenkasse” is used as the Outbox folder is broken beyond repair. Please remove the account and add it again.