Mail gets broken

Hello to all of you,

I am using android 6 on a wiko ufeel.
The version of k9mail is 6.201.

I updated k9mail a few days ago and for several mails I just wanted to download the rest of the mail, as the button (“Download the rest of the mail”) at the bottom of the mail offered me (it normally only appears when only part of the mail has been downloaded); and the app just removed all the information from the mail (text, sender, all data). K9mail just shows that there is an email but nothing else, no content!

Is there any way to solve this very unpleasant problem?

Thank you all in advance.

Sincerely

ludo

Are you using IMAP or POP3?

I am using the latter: POP3.

Does my previous answer help?

Thanks for your support.

Sorry, as I do not use POP3 I am not familiar with it. Could it be that the mail was already removed from server when you tried to download it fully?

Can you still check with different mail client / web interface if mail is still on server?

1 Like

Hi,

I’m not sure, but I’ll check that.

But why is it that this button is always present, even when the mail seems to be complete (and I didn’t click on it)?

Is there an option to set so it doesn’t appear?

Other question: my install is pretty old; I’m wondering if I should uninstall and reinstall k9mail. Will all my mail disappear be lost, or will it remain and reappear after reinstall?

Thanks a lot to you for your help and support.

ludo

If you are using IMAP, you can savely reinstall K-9 as your mails remain on the server.

If you are using POP, your mails will be lost unless you have set K-9 to leave a copy on the server. The safe route would then be to update K-9 rather than reinstall.

Note on that: If you are on POP, please consider moving to IMAP. If your phone is lost or has any issue, your mail could get lost. Recently, I had a memory issue on my Pixel and the only way Google could fix the problem was to factory reset the device. I was so happy that all my accounts are IMAP…

1 Like

Hello everyone, hello tchara,

Apparently updating to version 6.202 solved the problem as far as I can see.

How do I mark this topic as solved?

Cheers

ludo

Great to hear!
You as the creator of this thread should see a Solution button on each message. Just mark the message you think is the solution as such.

2 Likes