K9 loses all settings

For the second time now, K9 has lost all its settings and gone back to a blank state. Why could this be happening? Can I prevent it or am I simply going to have to set it up fresh every time?

1 Like

I’ve been using K-9 for years across several devices and Android versions and never had that happen, so no idea. I take it you didn’t clear data or anything like that?

But you could simply export your settings from the main Settings page in K-9 once you’ve set it up, that way if it loses them again you can simply import them.

2 Likes

This has happened to me too yesterday, after I updated the app. I really don’t want to export my login credentials, including password, to a cleartext file to work around this issue.

The exported file does not contain your password.

Thanks @Nimueh, I’ll give that a try, hopefully if it ever happens again it’ll be easy to sort out.

As far as I know, I’ve not cleared data; that said, I’m tight for space and clearing up unwanted files and updating apps often happens at the same time. It could be related if the settings live in a temp file that gets wiped by the system. I feel like that shouldn’t happen, I’ll watch carefully next time.

This regularly happens to me every few weeks. Every time, I have to import my settings and re-enter all the passwords. I do not really know, what causes this issue. Often I notice it by accident, when K9 does not appear in the share dialog anymore or when I click on a mailto-link. I am using Android 8.0.0 with EMUI 8.0.0 on a Huawei MediaPad M5 and a Huawei P10 Lite. It happens on both devices.