K-9 Mail release schedule

Problem is that for some of us, nothing works anymore. Unless and until K9 adds OAuth2 as a logon option for POP and IMAP accounts, I’m forced into Outlook. I loathe Outlook.

New versions don’t magically fix things. You have to actually tell us what’s not working, so we can fix it.

K-9 Mail supports OAuth 2.0 with Gmail, Office365, Yahoo, and AOL. Check the FAQ section of this forum.

I certainly discussed the issue on this forum: Microsoft Outlook 2FA with K9
In short, there’s no way to configure K9 to be compatible with a business e-mail account on outlook.com, because business e-mail accounts don’t support app passwords. We need to have the same Oauth2 support that desktop Thunderbird mail server provides. I still run Thunderbird on my desktop, but for phone access to my e-mail, Outlook is the only available option.

And, despite my preference for POP, I did try the IMAP instructions, which result in a popup saying my provider is not supported.

Only, if “the only” other option you look at is K-9.

Eager to hear alternatives that support OAuth2 on POP and IMAP. I couldn’t find one.

FairEmail works fine with O365, though you need to use either the Github releases or the Google Play version due to the bullshit client keying that OAuth providers insist on enforcing.