K-9 5.800 List of email accounts after startup

Hello,
I am using K9mail from my first smartphone.
I just received the new version.
And I can’t find the option to have the list of accounts.
Reading the forum, I realize that it is deleted!

This is however THE FUNCTIONALITY of K9mail!

Please put it back!

4 Likes

Hello,
how do you see and go to the (only) unread or ‘starred’ messages in each account now? I can’t do it anymore and i miss it.
Thanks

I just signed up to add my voice to the clamour for the return of the account overview screen.

As has been stated many times before, when one has a mix of personal and business email accounts, it is important to keep them separate but still be aware of their status.

As the account overview screen is available in the new UI surely the simplest solution would be to add a configuration entry that would allow the user to specify “Account List” as their landing screen rather than the default inbox.

2 Likes

Please stay courteous instead of insulting everyone that doesn’t agree with you, and that’s EVERYONE !
You insult and then I receive some warning from the developper that I responded to your insults in an unfriendly manner !

2 Likes

You have to be joking. Your efforts have been pathetic.

Unread messages have a different color in the Unified Inbox, so they’re easy to see. No idea about “starred” ones since I don’t use those.

Die Startseite ist das eine, was mich gewaltig stört, aber wieso platziert man den Button zum löschen einer Nachricht am oberen Bildschirmrand, so dass man diesen bei einhändiger Bedienung niemals mit dem Finger erreichen kann?

Note that 5.8 has an option to show the account passwords.

1 Like

Especially that star icon! I used it to organize my mail and have a quick view of follow up items. Now I need to sort by star, then sort again by date to go back to the normal view.

3 Likes

Now you need to sort by unread or star. Then re-sort by date when you’re done. I don’t like it because it changes the state of the normal view, rather than having an elegant set of 3 views.

1 Like

Using the sort function also only works for a single folder.
For now, the ‘all unread messages in this account’ and ‘all starred messages in this account’ view seem to have disappeared. Both are features I used quite a bit to keep track of e-mails sorted into different project folders.

1 Like

I just left a one-star review with my thoughts on the app download site on Play Store. Maybe this dude will get a clue, but it doesn’t seem likely. In the meantime, I’ve uninstalled K-9, and installed a new email app.

2 Likes

Can we all just calm down a little and give the developer(s) a bit time to process the current situation? Try to put yourself in their shoes and think about how he/they must feel now.

Rather than complaining endlessly we should first be grateful for them giving us a very good app until v5.600 and try to motivate them to maybe think over the changes again. In the meantime we’re all able to use v5.600 as before or choose an alternative app. It’s not the end of the world for anyone of us.

4 Likes

No.

They destroyed the app and thus far have only give arrogant and dismissive responses in return.

4 Likes

I think K-9 is awesome, and said as much in my Google Play review in 2011: “This really is a killer app for android”.

It’s still a killer app. Uncluttered, intuitive settings, providing flexibility without overwhelming users. Multiple accounts with different sync and notification options. The fact it’s been on my phones for the last 10 years without having changed very much is testament to the original design.

So thank you to everyone who has put in their own time and effort into providing me with such a great app free of charge.

So to the point: I’d personally love an option to display the account list as my default app home page as it used to be. I’ve tried to train myself to use the unified inbox - as I did when I was on the beta programme a while ago (and as I tried on Thunderbird a loooong time ago) - but my email accounts are just too different. I get a ton of work emails I can just skim out of hours that swamp the personal emails needing my attention. That old account list, with the refresh button (I set all 5 of my accounts to manual sync) and easy-to-digest number of unread emails was just great (and perfect for my needs).

TL:DR; K-9 is awesome thx but pls can I haz account list.

2 Likes

I use k9mail for many years and i liked simplicity of old Android 4.x GUI with the list account at the startup screen. Please make the possibity to enable this screen in a setting menu. Please.

3 Likes

I have 6 accounts and I could see new stuff in a glance and ignore the not important email addresses. The new UI mushes it all together. Tried to downgrade but it would not let me. Uninstalled every too… No dice. Fyck… Please fix or I will leave.

1 Like

Downgrade instructions were already posted HERE days ago.

3 Likes

I woke up this morning
And my overview was gone

I woke up this morning
And my overview was gone

I got nothing but the blues
K9 was always second to none

4 Likes

I woke up one morning
And my overview was gone.

I woke up one morning
And my bottom bar was gone.