How to stop K-9 official from updating sideloaded version?

My K-9, installed via F-Droid, has been working perfectly for much longer than a year, including during latest system update to Android 14. But all of a sudden the Play Store is trying to override my version 5.6 of K-9 - which I sideloaded - with version 6.6.03. Why?! How can I stop this?!

Play Store has been a pain with that for weeks now, with all apps. I have 2 apps that didn’t come from there, both have different signatures (the dev of 1 for example provides an extended version with options not available in the Store). Yet since a few weeks Google keep trying to update them, it’s really annoying and I don’t think there’s anything anybody can do to prevent it :woman_shrugging:t3::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Disable Play Store and install Aurora Store instead. It will manage all apps available in the Play Store and has a blacklist / ignore function to prevent it trying to update apps, e.g. one’s installed from / updated by F-Droid

2 Likes

Thanks but no thanks - I’m not installing an app that could potentially get my google account banned :slightly_smiling_face:

Has that ever happened?

And Aurora Store allows Anonymous login, so that there is no account to ban :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I can’t use anything anonymous, I have too many paid apps I rely on. Not sure IF Google has ever banned anybody for using Aurora, but I know MY darn luck lol, so I’m not taking any chances. :grin:

1 Like

Same Issue using k9 before the new ui

Disable play store from auto updates
Go in every once in a while and click on update all
Quickly go down to k9. And unselect.

I’ve been doing that for 5 years now. !=]