How to compress attachments prior to sending

Hi, everytime I want to send pictures to friends and family it is blocked because the pictures are too big. Is there an autoshrink feature like in mac mail (small, medium, large) or a practical workaround without resorting to we transfer?

This feature is currently not supported. But it’s fairly high up on the list of things we want to add.

In the meantime you could use an app that compresses images before adding them to K-9 Mail. Appropriate search terms for the Play Store are: photo image compress resize shrink

Thanks for the friendly reply.

FWIW, I am using Send Reduced for this.

Is there any news about this feature?

I think K-9 Mail is one of the best Email-Apps for Android and i use it on daily basis. :slight_smile:

I would really appreciate this feature because for my work i often have to send multiple images from my smartphone camera by email. But they are way too large and i have to compress them externally before sending, which is quite some time consuming.

Send reduced works well. workflow is the otherway round. find image, share, chose reduced select email app and send.

Hi, when I share a photo to send reduced and then share to k-9 and send, the email has no photo. Can you help me see what I am doing wrong?

Can the app be used to just shrink the images, and then add them manually from K9 w the attachment icon? If that works, I guess there’s something off with the sharing func.

That"s the workflow I use. I use ImagePipe for shrinking my pictures. It has a nice feat to chose size, and quality as well. I don’t know if it can be used to share from. Never done it.