Got a new Samsung phone and transferred K-9. Imap account. Now when i compose an email to send, it goes to an Outbox and never gets sent. I was sending email message for several days, and getting no response. What gives?

Got a new Samsung phone and transferred K-9. Imap account. Now when i compose an email to send, it goes to an Outbox and never gets sent. I was sending email message for several days, and getting no response. What gives??

You have to provide more details to get some help:
Exact version of K9 (not just “latest”)
Email provider

1 Like

Dex media

In the account settings, step through the setup of incoming and outgoing email and ensure the little test it does for each works.

They do … or did 5 previous times … will test again. Primarily the outgoing server, right?

Both passed … no indication of anything wrong.

Under “Fetching Mail” make sure that Push or Pull (or both) are enabled.

Pull/push is for receiving, but the issue is about sending.

@Randall_Sims did you check for other reports here on similar issue? I found this where it turned out that in the identities some mail adress was wrongly set:

Also have a look into debug log for K9 - this might help to identify the issue

1 Like

Does K-9 have a support staff or does it rely on this forum?

There is one full-time developer. The rest is the community.

So remain calm and friendly, and people will try to help you…

Have you set up the account in a way that messages are not sent to the server immediately? Then, they will only be sent when you synchronise by manually. If your outbox’s folder class is not included in the sync class, message might not be sent at all.

Where would I look for that? … that NOT being sent to server automatically. I presumed it was.

Nevermind. I confused it with a setting in Thunderbird.

K-9 should send mails automatically when sync is activated and the connection is established.

Can you check under settings->network whether it says “always* or *when sync enabled”? Also, in the account’s settings the idle time?

Background sync > Always

Idle time? Can’t find it …

This can be done at Settings / General Settings / Debugging.
Enable debug logging.
Reproduce the issue.
In same menu, at 3dot menu do " Export logs"

A post was split to a new topic: Limit number of downloaded emails