Email forwarded without attachments when the forwarded message is not fully downloaded

Hi,

When I forward a mail with attachments that are not yet downloaded, the mail recipient recieves the mail without attachments (unexpected). However, when I first download the attachments by clicking the “download the full message” button at the message bottom, then forward the mail, the email recipient recieves the mail with all attachments (expected).

Is it a bug?

As a workaround, I may configure the mail account to set the mail retrieval max size to “any Size”, but thats not very practical.

Thanks in avance.

K9 mail version : 5.806
Android version : 11

1 Like

Yes, I can reproduce it. I would see it as a bug, as I would expect a message box telling you that you have not yet fully downloaded it when you try to forward a not fully downloaded mail.

1 Like

This problem has existed for a long time, also in old versions of the app.

This bug is always there on version 6.4 on Android 13.
It’s a problem because very often you just want to share attachments without explicitly download each of them manually.
They should be automatically downloaded for the forwarding and remove justafter to be send withoout them.
Or at leat a mssage should inform user that attachments had not been downloaded and they won’t b send with the message

2 Likes

As a new user i trapped into this issue which gave me some headache, there should at least be a notice, and we have already 2024.