Default Folder For attachments

Hallo, where can I Change the Default Folder For saving Attachments?

You will be prompted to select a folder each time you save an attachment. The system screen to select a location usually starts in the folder last selected.

Works fine! Many thanks. Best regards, Martin

Hello.
Well, it does not work for me… and never did. Did I miss domething ? When I click on an attachment, either it goes to the Downloads folder without asking, or it opens in an app (for example Adobe Reader with some pdf’s - not all of them, though…). How can I ask to always be prompted for a folder to save attachments into, like in Thunderbird ? In the pdf case I just cited, the file is saved under a strange name in a place that I could never discover no matter where I looked… Is this going to clutter my storage space in an incurable way ?
Thanks for any leads,
Olivier

Make sure to tap on the icon on the right side of the attachment box. That will save the attachment. Tapping anywhere else in the attachment box will (attempt to) open the attachment for viewing.

Thanks for the tip ! I never imagined that there were two parts in that widget… I’m not sure the manual tells anything about it, wouldn’t it deserve to be there ?
Tanks again for a quick and efficient answer.

Something like this I read here on forum a few times.
Maybe an improvement might be to add a separator line between right download button/area and right “view only” area.

2 Likes