Constant failed to send some messages

I only use Comcast, always been reliable.

Sorry system said I posted my limit.

Thank you, it worked !

Sorry system said I posted my limit.

Appears the new update requires the outgoing server authentication user name/password to be set regardless of inbound server settings.

I’m far from tech savvy, but what you need to do is go into each individual email account, then go to ‘account settings’, then ‘sending mail’ then 'outgoing server’s and lastly check ‘require sign in’, add ‘user name’ and add password. This should save your emails in saved folder and actually send them finally.

Thanx. The issue was resolved after uninstalling, reinstalling, and making sure my password wasn’t in all capital letters.

Thank you.

Hi,

Since the very day of putting the new version on, some emails even though they show as having been sent, are in the sent folder, but do not arrive at destination.

This only happens to some recipients.

I have also logged into a web interface for my account, and I can successfully send emails to everyone and anyone I’m testing for.

Plus all the K9 sent ones are showing in the sent folder, on the web interface (Horde) as well, even the ones that have not been received at the other end.

I checked the K9 Send SMTP server settings all passed ok.

Three of us have just sat arround in a lounge, and using my K9, sending email to two people on the To line, then one in the to the other in the CC, and then viseversa one person always got them, and the other man never.

But he could get them if I sent them from Horde Web interface on the very same account.

The other man could send emails successfully to us both.

Any helpful ideas appreciated please.

Paul

Oh no !

I had no idea.

I have no clue if emails haven’t been received.

Dunno anything about horde.

If you haven’t already, start a new topic about this so it doesn’t get lost in the shuffle.

Good luck.

Thanks,
I may start a new thread.

I’ve just uninstalled 5.8, and followed the link provided for downloading 5.6 and installed it for now.

Sent some trial emails and will have to wait overnight here, to find out if they got through.

Turned out 5.8 was not always getting through to the people I thought were mostly ok.
Found out about other missing emails, that still show as sent in my sent box.

The problem is fickle.

It’s important to remember that K-9, like most email clients, does not do end-point delivery of mail. Rather, it delivers mail to the “outgoing mail server” that you have configured for the account you are sending from. So, if your messages are getting delivered to some recipients (i.e., you are successfully reaching/delivering to your outgoing mail server) but not all, then the delivery issue for the other recipients is between your outgoing mail server and the recipient’s mail server – not a K-9 issue.

If the recipient’s mail server rejects in real-time, your outgoing mail server should push an error message back to your mail client. However, if the message simply isn’t delivered by your outgoing mail server - due to a timeout, soft (4xx) error/reject - your server will normally just requeue the message for a future delivery attempt. In that case, you’ll generally only get an error when your mail server gives up trying to delivery the message - which could be a couple of days.

Once the message is out of the K-9 outgoing box you should see it in your “sent mail” (if you have that configured). I.e., it’s out of K-9’s control. A message that is queued on the mail server but subsequently not delivered does not get removed from your “sent mail”.

I have things set so that messages I send from K-9 are bcc’d to a different account on my mail server. That way I have an easy check to confirm that it got at least that far. One could bcc messages to an account on a different/reliable mail server if you want to test that your mail server is getting mail out.

1 Like

Once uninstalling, latest version works provided you don’t run into the password glitch.

Good luck

The bcc is a smart idea, thanx.