Cannot set up email account on android

First, I have never had issues with K9 email until now. Everything always just worked.
Maybe it’s my new phone?

Phone: Motorola Moto G Stylus
K9 Version: 6.602
email Provider: ATT
email incoming server: imap.mail.att.net
email port: 993
Security: SSL/TLS
Password type: Normal

Issue
When trying to set up the account, after making sure I entered everything exactly correct, I get “Cannot Connect to server (unable to connect)” most of the time, but occasionally when it does go further I get stuck indefinitely at “Retrieving Account Information”

In any event, I can never complete the set up process nor retrieve or send emails.
To the best of my knowledge there are no firewalls or antivirus programs running on my phone.

I noticed that nothing is showing up under the Client Certificate section. Is that important?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. K9 email has long been my go to and first choice for android email.

Thanks

POP3 and IMAP Email Settings - AT&T Email Customer Support contains the following section:

Avoid email issues

Recent security upgrades may mean you have to update your settings. Learn more about the security upgrade

Is your email program or app affected? Create a secure mail key so you can keep getting your AT&T email.

1 Like

And just like that, you gave me the solution.

Thank you x 100 !!