Can I Password protect app on startup?

Is it possible to set a password on K9 app startup?
Further more I would prefer 2FA protection if possible. Is this in the dev plans?

1 Like

Using your phone’s native locking feature and using encrypted storage would be better than a K-9 password prompt.

Someone with your unlocked phone is going to do a lot more and a K9 password won’t save anything.

2 Likes

If K9 wasn’t logged in then the email from the bank to change password etc wouldn’t work, and that saves a lot

I would really want to have that extra layer of security. Maybe it won’t prevent a determined attacker but would block an opportunistic access to sensitive information which email is. It is not that rare when I give my unlocked android tablet to a family member and there were a few cases when I had to give it to people from a less closer circle for a short while.

Just wait for Android 15. You can then put individual apps into the new secure separated storage.

1 Like

Is this something similar as “Secure folder” on Samsung? (At least on my old S7 it is named that way)
This I normally also use when I want to restrict apps’ access. CON: it also has no access to contacts if you need it - but for me it is more an PRO!

Yes, very similar. In contrast to Samsung’s solution, it is deeply integrated into AOSP and not a bodge on top of it.

With regards to contacts, one would need to check the new API once it is finalised in the beta builds. Give it till mid or end summer.