Authentication failed error when using VPN

Hello!

The last couple days I often get an Authentication failed notification from K-9 mail for two of my e-mail accounts.
When I tap on them they take me to the settings, everything there is correct, but on selecting “next” it tells me that my username or password are incorrect - they are not.

Then, sometimes the problem just goes away by itself. But now it has persisted for several days. I tried to find out what’s wrong, and noticed that everything works fine, when I disable my VPN. It has definitely worked with the VPN enabled though, since I have that for almost a year now, and it wasn’t an issue with K-9 mail, neither on this nor on two other devices.

I use ProtonVPN. Does anybody else have this issue and hopefully a solution? I would appreciate it!

It’s possible that your mail provider has chosen to block traffic from your VPN provider, possibly in response to abusive traffic patterns from other users of the VPN.

If your VPN provider offers multiple servers, perhaps try switching to a different one. Otherwise, you may need to contact your mail provider for further assistance.

Thank you, I’ll do that!

Hello,

Yes, I have seen reports of other people having this issue with K-9 Mail and ProtonVPN. Your mail server may be blocking traffic from your VPN provider, possibly in response to abusive traffic patterns from other users of the VPN.

Here are a few things you can try:

• Try switching to a different ProtonVPN server.
  • Try contacting your mail server administrator to see if they can whitelist your VPN IP address.
  • Try using a different email app, such as the Gmail app or the Outlook app.

If you are still having problems, you may need to contact ProtonVPN support for further assistance.

Here are some additional tips:

• Make sure that you are using the latest version of K-9 Mail and ProtonVPN.
  • Try restarting your device.
  • Try clearing the cache and data for K-9 Mail.
  • Try uninstalling and reinstalling K-9 Mail.

I hope this helps!

Here is another solution that you can download the premium app for free and then use, you will get the app from here - https://blackapks.com/en/vpn-pro