Accounts overview screen

Do you have any idea when you can decide whether or not the account overview comes back or not?

Simple. I switch to app I instantly see what accounts have new mail and can proceed accordingly. For many reasons for many people… for me I have accounts that I need to respond to asap.

Now instead of seeing what accounts have new mail, I’m looking at a account. I have to click twice. Just to see, regardless of all the accounts that have new mail, the account I’m interested in doesn’t have anything new. I just wasted my time as opposed to just opening app seeing all accounts in an instant.

1 Like

Yet another plea to bring back ability to have the accounts overview as the default, start - up screen for K9 mail. The reason is the same as for other users, viz. I have many mail accounts and the unified inbox is not a solution as some accounts have a lot of junk mail that clutters a unified inbox. Surely this is just a matter of having a setting where the user can choose the default / opening view. Please fix this quickly. Regards Tony

1 Like

@tsweetna Welcome to the forum.

Account overview screen is announced for K-9 version 6.2.

3 Likes

6.2? when is that coming out, 2025?

It will come after 6.0 ----> Plans for K-9 Mail 6.000

Its actually fairly close, we are already at 5.9

maybe after 6.1 even, who knows ? but definitely before 6.3. :wink:
thanks for the link !

Unlike you’re working on it I don’t see how you could possibly know how long it will take to get to 6.2

Thanks Tenshi,

I am glad that the accounts overview screen is coming back but a bit disappointed that it will only be in version 6.2 as we are still creeping slowly up from version 5.8. I note that of all the topics in the forum the request to reinstate the accounts overview screen has by far the greatest number of entries.

My hope is that you or whoever is doing the scheduling can bring this forward, particularly as the appropriate screen appears to be available and it may be just a matter of changing the default order of how the screens come up.

I certainly appreciate the contributions and work that has gone into K-9 Mail and making it available to the public. Thank you again.

1 Like

Thank you. Looking forward to 6.2

1 Like

Thank you! That’s wonderful news!

1 Like

Very happy to hear the accounts overview screen will be coming back. Thank you.

2 Likes

Still think it’s fairly close ? still at 5.9 three months later…

Any idea when 6.2 is coming out ?

Give it the time it needs. If you look at previous beta versions, the current 5.9 as well as the next 6.1 will last a few months. The stable 5.8 and then 6.0 will be there accordingly for a longer time.

If you want 6.2 faster, you can always fork and give it a shot. Or pay someone to do it for you.

6.1 6.15 6.17 6.175 6.180…

Ja ich möchte auch gerne wieder das meine 5 mal könnten zu gleich angezeigt werden. :disappointed_relieved:

After waiting >6 month I have downgraded to 5.600 (thanks to titaniumbackup), and hey k9 works again as expected. An now manual sync starts again directly on demand!
May be I´ll give the update a chance, if the accounts overview is back again.

1 Like

Overview screen is a must.

I was testing Fairemail for few days, ended up not using and stying with K-9 Mail 5.600.
But first thing I disabled in fairemail was unified inbox :smiling_imp: Idea to bring mails from different purpose email boxes into 1 place is beyond me.

Fairemail seemed super feature rich and perhaps even too bloated for my taste, but I ended up not using it becouse it was somewhat unreliable. I used one of my gmail acc’s with pop3 (and also with imap) and for some reason pop3 was effectively purged to 0 after some time. No idea why, maybe some google setting or what. But I know such thing never happenned with K-9 Mail 5.600 so im sticking with it.