5.8 update installation crashes

Still crashing with 5.806. Will there be a solution or should I better use another mail app?

Device: Nokia 7 plus

• Installed with F-Droid on Android 10
  • (still) running and as so last possible updated version of k9: 5.600 (from 2018)

Since then I regularly tried to upgrade this software and in every time the process froze my phone and rebooted it.

This happens to a lot of Andoid-“Distros” and this is the ONLY app for which this is happening ind f-droid.

So it is clearly not the problem of Android nor a problem with f-droid, not even a pebcak (or pebcats?).

I am a really thankful user and appreciate all the work done in Opensource community.

BUT this feels like the introduction of kmail2 where a new team introduced “absolutly cool and necessary features”, introduced unnecessary complexity and instabilities and destroyed the user base completely, nearly no one sane is using kmail2 anymore (except me :wink:

So please look after the installation process an fix this.

The only talks about K9 I am hearing is that the people without update-problems are abandon K9 because of the “unified inbox” (new complexity and unwanted and disturbing feature)…

A lot of people and friends of the work on K9 would be happy to decide about the new inbox but, since the update problem we can’t participate in the dialog about the “cool new and necessary feature”.

So again PLEASE check AND fix your update process.

Thank you in advance!