5.8 How do I move the navigation buttons back down to the bottom of the screen where they should be?

+1 Add the preference please to have the buttons in the bottom

6 Likes

Are the developers really ignoring all these comments? Is there any plan to reinstate the buttons to the bottom of the screen? I’ve waited a month with no action. I’ll give it one more week and if no response, time to find a new email app.

2 Likes

They’ve stated elsewhere something along the lines of there being bugs to be ironed out as a first priority, and that the account overview screen will come afterwards in v6. As that overview had more/more passionate comments, I suspect that moving the nav buttons back down could be in 6.x if at all…

It seems strange to put the toolbar on top in the era of huge smartphones where it is getting difficult to buy a small phone.

I switched to FairMail which is also open-source (GPL) and highly configurable. But the great thing about K9 is its low memory usage and neatly simple interface.

2 Likes

Hi all, is there any statement from the developers regarding the position of the control buttons?

It’s against material design set out by google. Anything that is against material design absolutely will not be considered.

The maintainer of this project does not care about you. I highly suggest everyone move on to another app and stop wasting your time here.

And what about for those who have avatars disabled since they waste precious screen real estate on phones?

1 Like