Remote search missing since update

I might not be looking in the right place, but before a recent upgrade I could do a remote IMAP search by using search then clicking send query to server or something. That functionality seems to be missing in newest version, or has it moved?

The feature is still there on the search results page. The icon is a magnifying glass with a cloud in it.

Remote search has to be enabled under Settings > [Account] > Search > Enable server search.
The functionality is only available when searching a single folder. So you won’t be able to perform a remote search from e.g. the Unified Inbox.

2 Likes

Thanks. This was my issue (the unified inbox)

Hi and thanks for the explanation. I do not fully understand the rationale why remote (server) search is not possible in the unified inbox. Technically it seems to work only in single folders and the unified inbox is kind of a virtual folder. However, is unified inbox remote search a feature planned for the future?

My workaround: As I have only one account configured I disabled unified inbox in the settings. This way I can perform a remote search without the need to switch from unified inbox to account inbox.

It’s not there! Either they keep changing the interface or it’s been removed, or I’m blind.

You see the magnifying glass icon? This is search on local mails. Once you search with it it should disolay the locally found mails. Also the magnifying glass should change to that with a small cloud symbol in it. This will then initiate tge same search on the server.
At least in Beta 6.708 it is working like that