Previous Feature request

Hi,

I’ve been using k9 for some time and I recently bought an android 10 phone so trying the beta now. I really miss the old accounts page where I had an overview of all my accounts and number of emails per account.
And I miss left-swiping functioning as selection of emails.

Thanks,
Wim

1 Like

You can tap the contact picture in front of an email to quickly select it. That’s even faster than swiping :slight_smile:

Okay, didn’t have and didn’t know about that option. Solved.

What about my other previous feature request? I used to be able to see in 1 glance how many emails I had in my different accounts. Now I have to switch to all of them seperately.

Thanks,

Wim

The main developer is not opposed to adding the number of emails to the account switcher in the sidebar. I think he is busy with other things though, so this feature would need a volunteer who wants to implement it. I started doing this myself and gave up because I lost interest in it

1 Like

Any possible way to move that icon to the right? Or some other way to quickly select on the right?

If you hold your phone in your right hand, reaching the icons on the left, especially the top-left, is quite a stretch.

Not really. You can just long-press the messages. Most Android systems even have a setting for the long press duration somewhere if it is not fast enough for you.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I have 8 accounts and with the 5.600 version I opened the app and could manually check/sync all of them in 1 click. After checking, I could see straight away which one had new messages (and all the messages were synced and placed in the right folder). This has turned to a nightmare now. Please give us the accounts overview back :frowning:

One idea that could probably align with the goals of the main developer would be to add an option that starts K-9 with the sidebar opened and the account list expanded. Should be rather easy to implement when someone takes the time to do it.

Ah, I was already on short (apparently 400ms on my phone). Found how to set it to 250ms, and that’s a lot better!

settings put secure long_press_timeout 250

1 Like