Lost configuration (twice)

Hi,

I’ve again lost all configuration of K-9 Mail. This has happened for the second time in one month. Basically K-9 Mail launched as a brand new installation. Fortunately I had a backup so the only pain was to enter the passwords again for 6 IMAP accounts and change some minor settings. However, this is worrisome and I do not recall anything like that happening before the recent K9 major update this year. I’ve been using K-9 Mail for a couple of years and never had any major issues.

K-9 Mail v5.806
Android 7

What device (specifically brand - but other details potentially helpful) are you using? The two other reports that I’ve dug up are on Huawei, so trying to see if there’s any pattern.

It’s Huawei P9 (EVA-L09) with Android 7.0 and EMUI 5.0.4.
No new issues so far since my original post. Let me know if there are any things I can check on my side.

Hi, this exact issue has also happened to me, also twice. After upgrading, K-9 started brand new and I had to reintroduce all my settings for 2 email accounts.

My device is a Huawei P-10 Lite (WAS-LX1A), with Android 8.0.0 and EMUI 8.0.0. K-9 Mail is version 5.806.

Right now I’m in the process of restoring my settings again (I did not have a backup, although all my email servers are IMAP, so no lost emails). I’ll do a backup this time.

So, it happened again last night. I saw a new email indication, tapped on it, K9 started fresh. :confused:

In at least 5 years (probably longer) using k-9 across a multitude of devices, OEMs and Android versions I’ve never had that happen.

Try updating to the latest Beta but if it still happens I’d say your old EMUI is to blame somehow since both of you that posted about the problem were on old EMUI versions.

Hello, this has happened to me multiple times on my Huawei T5 tablet. I never complained because I have a backup, but it happened at least 4-5 times.

Looking through this thread it seems everybody that had it happen used a Huawei device - maybe ask their support for a solution?