K-9 connected but not syncing

I have a Lineage OS (de-Googled) Pixel and need to bring my ZohoMail account. I have loaded it multiple times but I cannot get the emails to populate. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thank you.

You need to provide some context before people can try to help:

• k9 release
  • imap/pop
  • zoho 2-factor on?
  • settings - security/port/password type

If you go to “settings//fetching mail/incoming server” and select the “next” in the lower right, what happens?

Note, it appears that if you have zoho 2fa enabled you need to set up and use an app password

Also, from postings on other mailing lists, zoho seems to be “breaking” things of late. Thunderbird, as well as some other clients, weren’t able to sync mail. My sense was that that had been fixed, but maybe not.

Thank you.

-not sure about “release” but it is from github
-I believe zohomail is imap but neither works
-not sure about “factor on”
-security: SSL/TLS
-port 993
-normal password
-don’t have 2fa

If you go to “settings//fetching mail/incoming server” and select the “next” in the lower right, what happens?
A box appears “Setup could not finish…Cannot connect to server. (Unable to connect)…CONTINUE or EDIT DETAILS” I hit CONTINUE and I’m back to the page with “Incoming Server” as an option

A popup after you select that “next” is an indication that there’s a problem with the configuration details that you have entered (or in rare cases, an issue with the certificate on the server). The specific message you indicate you got implies that there is likely an issue with the server name that you entered (the one bit of information that I didn’t specifically ask for). So, what are you entering as your server name on that configuration screen?

The k9 release information can be found on the app’s “about” page.