K-9 5.800 List of email accounts after startup

Unfortunately, I cannot other than following this statement

Hallo. Kennst Du (darf ich dich dutzen?) eine App, die genau dieses Feature anbietet? Das war der Hauptgrund, warum ich K-9 nutzte.

2 Likes

Accounts list gone on start screen => leaving K9 now.

4 Likes

Fairmail.
Bin gerade umgestiegen und funktioniert prächtig. Incl. der Übersichtsseite.

Ok danke. ich probiere es aus. Ansonsten habe ich mir die Old Version 5.600 wieder installiert. Nachteil: keine Updates, aber sie waren eh seit 2018 nicht mehr vorhanden und wenn die K9-App bis heute einwandfrei funktioniert hatte (hat sich Heute bei mir aktualisiert, Samsung/Android) dann installiere ich diese alte Version eben wieder.

Hallo,

hier der Link…

EDIT (cketti): Link entfernt, weil ich nicht einschätzen kann, ob auf der Seite unmodifizierte APKs angeboten werden. Offizielle APKs für alle Versionen sind auf GitHub verfügbar: Releases (jeweils unter “Assets”). Anleitung für Downgrades: How to downgrade to an earlier version?

Ich habe jetzt mal beide Versionen auf meinem Handy.

Die neue UI ist irgendwie nicht eingängig und die erste Mail auf einem Konto hab ich schon übersehen…

Falls Du eine App findest, bei der alle Mail Konten wie auf der alten K9 Version übersichtlich angezeigt werden, dann gerne melden…

LG Jochen

1 Like

Bring back the account overview or I’m done with this app

4 Likes

The account list and summary was a U.S.P of this app and made it THE reason for using it. Now the app has become very much the same as other multi- account handling apps (including gmail, yahoo, outlook etc) and subsequently has no purpose for me at 5.8.

I have reverted back to 5.6 where I will stay.

(Sometimes ‘keeping up with the Jones’ is not the best thing - especially when you need to stand out from the rest ).

3 Likes

First of all, thank you for the app. I used it for free for so many years (maybe donated once?) and it’s great.

Unfortunately the new UI doesn’t suit my use case anymore. I’m using it for 3 accounts (personal, work and another one for certified mails - we got that in Italy.) I’m pulling from POP3 accounts and leaving mail on the servers. I download it from my PC later. I have no use for a unified inbox. It took seconds to find the menu on the left and pulling down to refresh works but it takes so much more time than with the old UI. I sincerely wonder what’s the use case where this new UI saves time compared to the old one.
Either I find another open source email client with the features of the old K9 or I downgrade. Luckily I had the APK and settings so I’m back on 5.6 and I’ll probably stay there until it will get too old for future Android versions ¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

I desperately need the account overview on the start up page, as I have multiple email accounts to manage. I have been using K9 for years on all my mobile devices but if you don’t reintroduce this account overview I’ll have to delete the App and use another from the Play store.

8 Likes

Right there with ya’.

What a shame.

This has been the best email client going for many many years.

I’m bummed.

3 Likes

du ist absolut ok. also ich hab gestern erstmal nur kurz nach einer alternative geschaut und dann erstmal wieder abgebrochen, weil das aufwendiger ist. ich meine aber mich zu erinnern, als ich vor 2-3 jahren mal gesucht habe und dann auf k9 gestoßen bin, dass es schon die ein oder andere app gibt, die auch eine kontenübersicht anbietet. aber keine war auch nur ansatzweise so gut wie bei k9. ich werde die tage mich nochmal intensiver kümmern und wenn ich was gefunden habe, schreib ich es hier als antwort. wenn du vorher was gefunden hast, sag mir bitte bescheid.
im forum schrieb jemand, dass er mit der alten kontenübersicht von k9 1-4 klicks für seine mails brauchte, und jetzt 12 und mehr. das stimmt. ich habe aktuell vier konten und es ist einfach frekelig.
es ist mir supekt, warum k9 die übersicht rausgenommen hat. die einstellung “gemeinsamer posteingang” ist für mich keine echte alternative, das kann ich überall haben.

2 Likes

danke für den tip. ich meld mich, wenn ich eine alternative gefunden hab. du bitte auch :slight_smile:
rock on, susanne

Ich fand übrigens auch die menü Anwendung unten von der App, wie z.b. alles gelesen etc, viel besser. Jetzt muss ich das Handy immer mit zwei Händen bedienen. Warum man das gemacht hat, ist mir auch suspekt

I agree with wht others are saying here about k9 abandoning the simple and highly efficient email accounts list !!! I have 5 email accounts and it was so simple to just open up k9 and see which of my accounts had new email.

I was shocked and horrified this morning when I opened up my email and saw this disaster. I thought I might have accidentally screwed it up.

If 9K will never bring back the old accounts list then sadly after years of using this great app… its time to look for a new email app that does.

Does anyone here that is also looking at switching for this reason know what other apps are good t this?

4 Likes

How can I down grade and not lose all my configuration? Or will the downgrade require full re configuration?

Hallo,

Also ich habe die Verison 5.600 aus dem GIT Repository heruntergeldan und installiert. Eine Alternative wurde mir Fairmail vorgeschladen, aber die GUI K9s gefällt mir besser. Und dann sèit dem 2018 leif K9 so gut und jetzt wird bestimmt weiter gut laufen. Schade, dass ich damit leider keine “Sicherheit-Updates” mehr erhalte.

Was kostet denn ein Feature-Toggle einzubauen, wo man eine Kontoübersicht sich anzeigen lassen kann, wenn man es möchtet?

1 Like

Simply follow this tutorial to downgrade to v5.600. Worked like a charm.

You’ll only get asked for each password from your accounts after restoring the app and account-settings under 5.600. So make sure you have them at hand. Good luck!

4 Likes

simply follow this:

1 Like

This really pisses me off, the entire reason I picked k9 was for the account overview. Unified inboxes may work for some, but it seems most hate it. I sure do. I process emails by 1 account at a time. And also watch accounts to see when their volume goes up due to discussions being held etc. This new UI totally wrecks that. It offers me nothing that the Gmail app doesn’t do, and there is no point in even having k9 now.
Installing a previous version and then having to manually update other apps to stop k9 from updating doesn’t work for me either.
Please bring back the account overview page, for professional business users it is the best UI

5 Likes