I'm really pissed off

I have used the version 5.600 until last week.
accidently I updated the app with the new Mickey Mouse version.
That version is still wothlless to us.
Now I tried to install version 5.600 but it not installing annymore.
Was 5.600 the last normal version of the K9 app?
I use a Samsung S22 Ultra.
Android version 14.
Thanks

It’s my experience that Android 10 is the last version that correctly runs K-9 5.600. I’ve tried it on 11 and 13 with no success, and I have no reason to believe it would work on 14.

Another potential hiccup is that it’s not possible to in-place downgrade an app. You would need to fully uninstall it and fresh install the older version.

1 Like

Thanks.
Version K9-5.600 was running fine on version 14.
But a new install did not work.
But is has worked after Android update 11, 12, 13 and 14.
But like I stayed, a new install does not work.
I have to find another email app with without the Disney looks.

I am having the same experience. K-9 installed via F-Droid has been working perfectly for much longer than a year, including during latest system update to Android 14. But all of a sudden the Play Store is trying to override my version 5.6 of K-9 - which I sideloaded - with version 6.6.03. Why?! How can I stop this?!

What do you mean by that? I’ve never seen unicorns or princesses in K-9 and really have no clue what you mean by “Disney look”.

Sure it took a bit getting used to when the look of K-9 first changed, but the app itself still does everything I need it to do and personally I don’t miss the old look at all :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

The one handed use of the app on a S22 Ultra does not work for me.
And that I have not the 4 mail accounts on one page without going to the menu on the top left
is not nice.

I use the new version on my tablet for about 2 weeks on my tablet and I get not used to it.

I have 4 email accounts too and handle them just fine with the unified inbox. Things and apps change, that’s life - and as much as I hate change myself I do get used to it eventually :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Things are changing, that’s true. But it will not always work for everyone.
And I am not the only one for who it is not working.
The rating in the Play Store was, I think, 4.x, now it is 3.4. After the first change it was 2.9.
So not everybody likes changing.