Cannot Fetch Mail Manually, Display Missing

I do not find this forum easy to use, so I am starting a new topic, as I could not find out how to enter an existing thread.

K-9 Mail 5.800 on Chromebook/ChromeOS Version 91.0.4472.167 (Official Build) (64-bit), one POP3 account.

Despite the responses in other threads, I cannot find a way to check for new mail immediately as was the case previously. I do not see what is being referred to. Also, there is no display of how many minutes until the next poll as there used to be.

The user interface in this version of K-9 is worse.

Swipe out the side bar from the left and pull down in the folder list or account list there.

I see nothing that appears to check for new mail. All I see are folder settings but no actions to be taken. I still see no way to force a check for new mail immediately. And there is still no display of when the next poll is scheduled as used to display. The new UI is inferior to the old one.

There is no visible button. Just swipe down in the sidebar, as if you were scrolling further to the top. A small spinning circle will appear.