5.800 always crashing upon launch on Galaxy S7

Hi,

Since the recent update, K9-Mail does not launch anymore. I just get the popup “App terminated”.

Deleting cache didn’t help, deleting all app data did make it work, but of course I had to re-import everything. It continued working for a while, but since the next day (phone was off overnight), I have the same issue again.

Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930F) running Android 8.0.0 (patch 9-1-2020), Kernel 3.18.91.

I’m also using K9 on a Huawei MediaPad M5 where I don’t see this problem. Settings file is the same as I exported them from my tablet to restore the config on my phone.

Cannot confirm, 5.800 ran without any crash on my S7 before I downgraded back to 5.600 because of the UI anger.

I could work around the problem by deleting all app data again and manually setting up all my accounts.

Auto-update (reusing the settings of the previous version) broke the app.
Importing settings exported from my tablet already running 5.800 broke it again.

I used the “give feedback” option of android’s crash notification in case that helps fixing the bug. It’s quite inconvenient if an app gets unusable just from an auto-update that catches you by surprise. Also, I lost all mails locally stored on the phone.

1 Like